This policy is valid from April 14, 2013.
We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s guide, “DotCom Disclosures: How to Make Effective Disclosures in Digital Advertising.”
Eco-Mothering is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Donna DeForbes at donna (at) eco-mothering (dot) com.
As the owner of Eco-Mothering, I sometimes accept forms of cash advertising or sponsorship to support this blog. I occasionally include affiliate links in my posts and will disclose this information when doing so. I accept and keep free products, services and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations in exchange for expressing my honest opinion of their product or service. All the opinions expressed in posts I write on this blog are 100% my own, and are not influenced by any compensation I receive.
Compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely and entirely my own. I do not claim to be nor make an effort to be an expert on a certain topic, product or service. I will only endorse companies, products and services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of endorsement. All product or service claims should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
Periodically, this blog hosts giveaways for readers. All giveaways, unless otherwise stated, will follow these guidelines:
- Hosted and winners chosen via Rafflecopter.
- Are in no way meant to be a form of gambling or sweepstakes.
- Open only to individuals in the continental US, ages 18+.
- Will start and end on dates listed on each specific giveaway.
- Each winner will have 48 hours to claim prize, after being notified via the email they used to enter the contest. If there is no response within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- If giveaway is self-hosted, site/blog owner agrees to mail prize to winner(s) within 14 days.
- If giveaway is sponsored by an outside entity, then winner will abide by their prize fulfillment period, which may be as long as 180 days, depending on the company. Eco-Mothering cannot be held liable or responsible, should a vendor choose not to fulfill a promised prize.
- Any prizes that may result in tax liability for the winner(s) are the winner(s) responsibility.
- Any and all giveaways may be promoted on Facebook, Twitter, email or other social media sites. This is a means of promotion only, and is not to be interpreted as Facebook or Twitter partaking in, or being in any way responsible for, that particular contest.
- Winner(s) assumes all responsibility if further clarification is needed, prior to either entering a giveaway on this site or claiming a prize at the conclusion of a contest.