Are you perfectly green? Me neither. But I’d rather not feel guilty about it.
Going green can seem overwhelming and full of ‘shoulds.’ Eco-Mothering is about Guilt-Free Green Parenting where we explore ways to make going green fun and easy for the whole family.
It’s a lot easier to maintain an eco-friendly lifestyle when you dump the perfectionistic eco-guilt and focus on those green actions that feel good to you. Our blog offer ideas and eco-inspiration for everyday living including: holiday celebrations, natural medicine, home and garden, pregnancy, social action and much more.
So… Welcome! I am a graphic designer, writer and mommy blogger aiming to uplift others and inspire change. I am passionate about books, the environment, clean design, good humor, natural parenting and living authentically… and you’ll see all of that on Eco-Mothering.
My life purpose is to create beautiful things and clever words while filling the world with love and laughter. I’m a Philadelphia native currently living in Rhode Island with my progressive husband and precocious daughter.
Why did I start this blog?
I’ve always been a champion of the environment. That led me to work for Save The Bay® where, in 2008, I started Eco-Mothering. My motivation was two-fold: to document my one-year-old daughter’s life while connecting with others on the parenting journey and to share eco-friendly information with a larger community. As an introvert with a desire to change the world, I found blogging the perfect venue for me to speak out.
What will you find on Eco-Mothering?
Weekly posts ranging from personal experiences and random rants to product reviews and Top 5 Fridays. I like to incorporate humor and my family in my writing.
I’ve been a contributor to Earth911, ecoRI News, The Green Mama and MammaBaby. I am also a member of Mom Bloggers for Social Good and Green Sisterhood, a powerful group of passionate women who write about environmental issues and their impact on society.
- Donna DeForbes’ Journey Toward Sustainable Living (eCycleBest.com)
- Local Author Launches Guilt-Free Holiday Guide (Patch.com)
- Interview with Donna from Eco-Mothering (Green4U)
- 25 Experts Share Their 2015 Top Recycling Tip
- 21 Best Green Parenting Blogs
Some random facts about me:
- I love writing for children and have some stories and picture books in the works. I’ll let you know when they’re published!
- My cultural ancestry is Italian, Scottish and Irish (with some possible French).
- I am a longtime Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies fan.
- I could never give up bacon, pasta or ice cream.
- I am a graphic designer available for freelance work. View my portfolio.
- I also have a shop on Etsy.
- I believe in the Law of Attraction.
- I long to visit Costa Rica and New Zealand and to return to Italy and Scotland.
- Green is not my favorite color – blue is.
- My power animal is the elephant.
- Some movies I never get tired of include When Harry Met Sally, Field of Dreams, Mamma Mia, The Philadelphia Story, Oceans Eleven and Bend it Like Beckham.
- Learn how I met MY HUSBAND.
Connect with me:
If you’d like to advertise on my blog or have an eco-friendly product that you’d like me to promote, send me an email. If you’re a follower or fellow blogger, connect with me in any of the following ways: